Casapace Milano’s mission is to overturn the structural violence of reality through the power of nonviolence. Since 2008, Casapace Milano has been hosting and sending European volunteers.
The European Solidarity Corps’ volunteers will join an affiliate team that every day creates innovative educational tools used to transform the oppressive mechanisms and structural violence in society; they will support the work of association’s employees and they will be accompanied by two italian Civil Service Volunteers.
– Promote the development of the volunteers’ social and civic skills, necessary for the building of a united, democratic, and non-violent society
– Develop the volunteers’ ability to reflect on themselves
– Develop the volunteers’ competences that will help them in their future work experience, such as: communication in foreign languages, digital competence
– Promote a model of “active and competent citizenship” and to raise awareness of social rights
– Learning to learn competence, the ability to show initiative, work in teams and lead groups
– Participate in all the training courses offered by Casapace Milano
– Participate in the association’s coordination meetings during which the members apply Sociocracy as a governance model to make decisions consensually
COMMUNITY Development Area
– Join Rete Corvetto: a network of associations that work in the neighbourhood to promote urban renewal and development of a supportive and inclusive community
– Support the Italian Language Classes for migrants: preparing materials for the lessons (according to the Montessori method), babysitting
– Support and get involved with people who have committed minor crimes and is serving an alternative sentence
Participation in SCHOOLS
– Support educators during specific workshops: prevention of gender-based violence, stereotypes and prejudices, nonviolence and active citizenship, reduction of the ecological footprint
– Support “systemic” projects that involve the whole educational community: training courses for students, teachers, and parents
Theater of the Oppressed and SOCIAL THEATRE
– Help to organize the Teatro dell’Oppresso Milano Festival: welcome international guests and provide linguistic support for groups coming from the EU
– Collaborate with Social Media and Communication group: support in promoting training courses, updating the website, social networks, writing newsletters
– Enroll new participants in the offered courses and trainings.
– Keep the office in order
Other appreciated SKILLS/attitudes are:
At Casapace Milano, we value the ability of workers and volunteers to use their emotional intelligence. Promoting the inclusion of different genders, skills, origins, identities and sexual or religious orientations, is part of our mission. Young people who have suffered discrimination in their school, work or social experience, will find a welcoming and inclusive place in witch they will put their skills, experiences and resources at the service of other people.
In accordance with national laws for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, the Casapace Milano Health and Safety Committee has approved a protocol that will allow to protect the health of all workers and volunteers.